Love horses and working as part of a team?
This might be the place for you.
- Supports one another.
- Invests in each other’s professional development.
- Faces new challenges and pursues new opportunities with our teammates.
We're looking for:
- Hard workers with humility and a sense of humor.
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education stipends
- Horse care discounts and deals
Iowa Equine is an equine exclusive veterinary practice in Huxley, IA. We have a fast-paced and rewarding practice, and our mission is to provide excellent patient care with high customer satisfaction, while encouraging a positive and productive environment for our staff.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Lively atmosphere
Our receptionist is the first point of contact with clients, and as such, is the face of Iowa Equine. The successful candidate for this position will be out-going, professional, organized, and able to work with quickly changing conditions. A receptionist’s duties include greeting customers, conveying information to the rest of the staff, answering the phone and scheduling appointments.
- Well-developed communication and customer service skills. The ability to multi-task is essential.
- Previous receptionist experience is required and experience in a veterinary hospital is ideal.
- High school or equivalent degree is required.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and operate an efficient front desk. This individual oversees a multi-line phone system, enters information into an electronic medical record, answers emails and relays messages to the veterinarians.
- Schedule appointments and manage the appointment calendar.
- Maintains a positive relationship with clients, patients, visitors, and fellow employees.
- This is a full time, Monday through Friday (8am-5pm) position.
- Individual retirement accounts
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee discounts
- Clothing allowance
Full-Time: 30-40 hr/week
7:50am start time
May end as late as 6:00pm
Salary: Dependent on level of experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, horse handling skills, and organization abilities
- Ability and desire to work as part of a close-knit team
- Positive attitude with people and animals alike
Please submit your résumé and cover letter.
With an Iowa Equine internship, you’ll be prepared for your equine career.
Duration: 4 weeks – 1 year
- Hands-on work experience
- Practical skills
- Equine medical knowledge
- Improved horse handling abilities
- Deeper understanding of the equine industry
All veterinarians start somewhere. Just like you, we job shadowed once, too.
- Gain valuable insight into our rewarding work.
- Accompany your assigned vet to every appointment.
- Watch what they do—and get some hands-on experience yourself!